This weekend I learned how to putt. My instructor told me that putting was easy. Yes, there is not a formal grip or swing. But it is tough to judge the swing distance to hit the ball. Swing too hard the ball just skips the hole. Not enough , the ball will move and stop like an old arthritic person in the 10 and under line at Safeway.
I missed judged the green and I spent a few minutes trying to get the ball into a hole about the size of can of soup. I thought I was putting in a circle. The ball would not go in the hole! It was truly frustrating. After a few practice swings I was able to get the ball in the hole.
Putting is about shoulder movement not wrist or lower body. And I learned some golf lingo. The short game is about putting and chipping. If you are good with your short game it can save you some points.
No comments:
Post a Comment