I finally got a lesson in with RG. When I arrived at White Clay Creek Country Club I was surprised by the country club feel. The cart boy came around and got my clubs when I got out of the car. I just drove up and there he was. Got a ride down to the pro shop. RG video my swing and showed me some stuff I was doing wrong. For instance I was bending with my body which is bad. I need to let my shoulders do all the work. I forgot why the bending was bad. Also I was standing too far from the ball. So I need to drop arms and gently hold the clubs. The other cool thing was RG training tools, he got out the sticks to show me how I should be standing, parallel to the ball. Within an hour or so I was hitting the ball out close to 100 yd with a 7 iron. I learnt that I was standing incorrectly with the driver. With the iron, I should be standing in the center. With my left leg should be inside the ball. In other words I need to stand with my left leg facing the ball. Take a step out to the right and a small step to the left. And I need to hit down. lots to learn!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment